Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Well its Exam time Again...

If you would closely observe the dates when I have been posting (well it shouldn't take you long... haven't posted that often... also if you had actually seen my posts before... you would have stopped checking too... because of the frequency at which I am posting)... well getting back to the point... If you would have noticed, they are around the time when I have my examinations.

Well the one and the only reason- this is the only time I am at home for such a long time. During regular college days, you would hardly see me home before 6 or 7 in the evening. Also this is the time when one has a lot of time at hand because its easy to get bored even trying to study.

A lot has happened between my last post and now...

Most notably, by some unforeseen stroke of unimaginable luck, and some good cricket, India won the Twenty20 WC. Well enough has been written about it and I don't wish to add some more about it.

This was followed by the agony of India's crushing defeat shall I say, against Australia in the One Day Series. Then with India winning 1 Twenty20 match everyone was back to the emotional bliss, everyone screaming at the top of their voices,"We are the Champions!!", of what I may ask, Gully Cricket?, cause this format is as long as the one's I used to play with my friends when we were young.

I had lost interest in the game sometime back, but off late having read some of the posts by a few of my friends, I decided to come off the 'Sanyas' of actively following the game and more so talking about it.

A lot has been said about the "horrible" commentary bundled in with Doordarshan's telecast of the recent matches played in and by India. The less said about it the better. But what caught me thinking was the point about the Pakistani section of the commentary team being biased towards their country and players. What were people expecting? Obviously they will have bias for their team. We do too, and it is criminal to expect otherwise from them.
But I must also add that it would be wrong to call Wasim Akram (though he is not on DD, deserves a mention) and Rameez Raja as biased individuals, because their opinion is quiet unbiased, at least the one's I have come across.

I still remember watching some Cricket show on NDTV (I amazed myself because it was after a very long time that I was watching a chat show about Cricket) Sidhu (apna one and only sardar in the country who can speak, laugh and speak some more all at once) had taken Amir Sohail to the cleaners, verbal jousting of the order I hadn't witnessed in a long time (last time I remember someone getting cornered like that was Arjun Singh on Devil's Advocate). Sohail would have had his eyes on his watch and couldn't have hoped less for the shoot to be called to an end. If you can catch it on a highlight reel one day, do watch it, its totally worth the time.

And there has to be something going totally wrong in the Cricketing community these days, with a suggestion to introduce PINK cricketing balls. As hard as it is to read this text its going to hurt more to see the ball travelling at you at 100mph. I am not against it because of the colour being termed as girlish. As my friends would like to call it more metro sexual than girlish, anyways point being it is not soothing to the eye.

Well enough of cricketing talk. This might be my first and last post on Cricket unless India wins some major trophy again which seems highly unlikely in the next 2 years, because there is no major trophy till then ;).

No comments: